Sunday, June 13, 2010

Frugal Shopping Tips!

I'd like to share some of my ways of maintaining my sexy as a mother without "breaking the bank"...I don't know about you but I learned at an early age that spending alot of money on clothes  is not wise and cheaper options can be more beneficial for you and your pockets.  This heavily applies to most of us during this economic situation we are facing.  My favorite places to shop right now are Target, H&M, Forever21, TJMaxx, and Marshall's to name a few..haha...You get the idea as these are retailers who sell name brand items for less or stylish clothes for a very low price! Can I just express my heartfelt love for Target!? lol...I recently went to browse through their shoe selections and fell in love with several pairs but I  only ended up purchasing two pair.  This cognac wedge http://www.target.com/mdp/B002RCPKZ4/ref=br_qi_1_26?sr=1-26&qid=1276475098&asin=B002RCPKZ4 and this semi wedge sandal with woven detail (also in cognac) somewhat reminiscent of the popular gladiator sandals  http://www.target.com/mdp/B002Q1DN1O/ref=br_qi_1_2?sr=1-2&qid=1276475657&asin=B002Q1DN1O.  I must say that I was not "supposed to" go shopping when I got these but I decided to get them anyway and I'm glad I did because they are both surprisingly comfortable and although not genuine leather they don't look cheap! lol...I'm proud of my purchases and have always been one to shop wisely so I wanted to dish on some of my ways of being frugal without sacraficing style:

1) Don't buy items full price: Unless they are already a "decent" price don't purchase items full price.  Normally, clothes go on sale so just keep watching the item that you just "have to have" for sales and as soon as they mark it at a lower price GRAB IT! lol I have been looking for a camel or military green cargo jacket and spotted one in Old Navy (can't remember the sale price) but I didn't like the quality so I ended up marching my behind to JCrew and right there on the sale's rack was a camel colored cargo jacket marked down to $59.99 from the original $99! Can you say "STEAL"??!! So, I grabbed it! I knew if I waited it would be gone! ;-) Cargo jackets are so versatile!

2) Shop at retail stores like Target and H&M for good quality and stylish clothing for less:  I always tell people not to sleep on Target and most smart fashionistas already know this.  H&M is one of my favorite retail stores because you can shop for t-shirts and leggings for the weekend at the park with the kids, sexy dresses and tops for a night out with the girls or a dinner with the hubby and work attire! Let me also mention that they do have a male and children's section! Just in case you wanna pick the hubby up a few shirts and slacks just to shut him up for when you walk in the door with that H&M bag ;-)  Charlotte Russe and Forever 21 are big on style but keep their prices low as well and although most 25 and older ladies shy away from these somewhat "teeny bopperesque" stores it really is worth sucking up your pride for more stylish yet cheaper clothes and trust me you will not look like you belong in high school when you learn what type of items to buy (I will do a post on this later as this gave me an idea for another entry) as they have a variety of styles from bohemian chic to your classic finds like blazers, t-shirts and jeans which should all be in your closet as they are the basic apparel necessities.

3) Shop off -season:  Keep it classy and frugal ladies! Classic means "timeless" so these types of styles are must-haves for someone who wants to maintain their sexy without looking dated and ridiculously trendy.  For example, it's summertime and as I mentioned earlier I bought a cargo jacket from J Crew for $60 and it was originally priced at $99 so although I won't be able to wear it until the Fall I got a better deal for the jacket than I would've had I bought it when it first hit the rack ;-) This goes for shoes as well! When those boots go on sale near the Spring season then you need to jump on it if you can because they lower the prices generously and that is your objective to be stylish but frugal at the same time which proves that  stylish+frugal= smart. It is imperative ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment