Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pittsburgh, PA Baby! Mountains and All!

Approaching a mountain that we were about to ride through!

Getting closer to the mountain

Driving through the mountain! Up close and personal!

The Fort Pitt Tunnel...A tunnel which allows you to drive through a mountain!

Heinz Field in downtown Pittsburgh! Go Steelers! lol

Downtown Pittsburgh! Nice!

Not sure the name of this bridge we were about to cross but I thought the design was cool!

Hubby and I drove past this cool cigar/coffee house and they were playin' Bob Marley "Could You Be Loved" which caught our attention ;-)

Approaching a busy downtown street

Street vendors!!!! I can't wait! Didn't have much of that in Raleigh, NC and being a MD/DC native I love me some street vendors!

Scarves and dresses galore! I was so tempted to get out and look a little closer but that wasn't the point of THIS trip...We'll be back this summer though!

Hand-made dresses and accessories...And who knows what else but I'll take a closer look when we return later this summer!

Got a pic of a guy sitting outside of a meat market playing an accordion and I thought it would be cool to get a pic of this..Not a big fan of the accordion but being a music lover myself I am open minded when it comes to different forms of music...Besides, I love street musicians! There was a guy down the street playing the clarinet!


Don't know if you can see it very well but I had to take a pic of this mural! One thing I love about the inner city are the murals!  They are like the city's hidden treasures!


I had to take a pic of the building to the right with such beautiful architecture!



2 comments:

  1. I was born and raised in Philly but went to Pitt. The turnpike trips are all too familiar. I was there in October for homecoming and noticed you can get there much faster than in previous years. The speed limit is increased. Overall the city has changed for the better since I was there late 80s to early 90s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cocoamommy! I plan to enroll to Univ. of Pittsburgh's School of Social Work in the Fall of 2011! Yes, the turnpike was much quicker than how Onstar took us...LOL...I'm happy to move there after they have improved for the better :-)

    ReplyDelete